Monday 11 March 2013

Vacation Bliss

Ahhh, it's been over a week since I have returned from vacation but I am still dreaming off my time on the beach in the Turks & Caicos. As promised, I have some more pictures to post. There aren't many as most of the pictures include other people that were on the trip with me and I didn't want to post their image without their permission. But here are a few shots to give you a taste of this glorious island!

 Me enjoying some e-reading by the pool

 This was taken on a boat cruise that we took to snorkel and dive for conch, the national fish of the Turks & Caicos. This was the conch shell that I cleaned (but didn't catch) and took home.

 This is the conch that was removed from the shell. The crew prepared it as a delicious ceviche for us to eat. So fresh tasting!

 Our first-mate, Licky. He's a happy-hard-working lad!

 This water was warm, clear and the bluest blue I have ever seen. Can you tell how happy I am?

 Also while on the boat cruise we stopped at an uninhabited island to clean the conch shells, enjoy the ceviche and we came across this Poppa and Mama Iguana. The hole in the middle is their home.

Turks is known for their amazing fish and seafood and this almond crusted grouper didn't disappoint  The sauce and veggies were prepared perfectly and really complimented to bold taste of the fish 


1 comment:

Love to hear from you!