Tuesday 29 January 2013

DY-NO-MITE!

Due to some financial set backs, I have been out of the shopping game for a LOOOOOONG time. I also found that I really didn't NEED to buy all of the things that I thought I NEEDED. One of the reasons for my finances being less than stellar was due to my obsessive shopping. So I started to think of buying clothes as a waste of time & money and resorted to only picking up cheap staples at Wal-Mart. But I have started to look at my closet with the utmost hate and disdain  My closet stared back at me and was all like "Well...what do you expect? You can't grow flowers if you don't feed the garden!" My closet was right; I had ill-fitting, cheaply made, old and ratty clothes. When I wore said clothing, I felt the way I looked, old, drab and frumpy. Now not all my clothes fit into that category but it was time to FEED that garden!

I have also gained a few pounds so shopping is not totally fun right now but I didn't let that stop me. So I hit Dynamite and Aritzia a couple of weekends ago and here's what I picked up:

 Rag & Bone Jeggings.
Black Lace top from Dynamite
Black Sweater from Dynamite

As you can see, my colour choice was pretty standard. I also picked up a BLUE T-Shirt that is not on the Dynamite web site. I do LOVE black though. It is so classic, functional and when I do actually go out for dinner or drinks, it is my go-to colour. Once I start to feel a little better about my appearance  I will post pics of me actually wearing these cute tops and Jeggings. The outfits look really cute with some tall black or brown boots. I am looking forward to posting more in the coming weeks. I have a trip to the Turks & Caicos coming up, so that will inspire me to wear something other than black! 

Have you ever lost your lust for shopping? What were your reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!